Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ultimate Plasma Gamera




Most people that know me know very well that Gamera 2 Advent of Legion is my favorite Kaiju movie. The film has so much going for it, but I won't get into that right now. I have been looking for this vinyl for some time and final got my hands on it while shopping for toys at Mandrake in Tokyo a few months back with my friend Jonathan. I had all the other toys that went with the movie but this was the one holding back from having a full set. Before my trip to Tokyo I put this item on my list of what I was looking for and in one of the first stores we went to it was right there sitting behind the glass. In a large case with a price tag in yen that came to about $35. US dollars! Jonathan and I went looking for someone to open the case to get some prizes that we had spotted, and that when Jonathan started nudging me. When I asked what was up he started pointing at a man working at a station right next to us. At that moment Jonathan opened the Tokyo Underground book that we were using to find all the shops and the guy had a photo in the book. We spoke to him the best we could and he got the figs from the case we were asking about. After some more small talk he signed his photo in the book. This was just a great time to finish out my Gamera 2 collection.
This was only the 2nd Theater Exclusive that Bandai did, it uses the same Gamera mold as the retail fig. This ver is done in orange vinyl with dark green and gold highlights, really cool when you hold it up to the light.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers