Thursday, July 30, 2009

This Kane wont demand Nuke



In the summer of 1987 I went to a movie where I went in a boy and came out a man. That voice changing, ball dropping movie was Robocop. The movie just blew me away with its style, tounge in cheek campiness, and over the top violence. Then in 1989 Robocop 2 hit the theaters, it was not as great as the first film but a very good sequel. The one thing that I took away from the 2nd movie was Kane, the bad guy turned cyborg. His design burned a place in my brain that turned into hours of drawing him during math class. Then one day to my joy in 2006 a line of blind box Robocop figures was released and guess who was in the assortment? KANE!! He is about 3" tall and has a unreal sculpt. I know this little guy only runs about $5 but he is one of my favorite items. Below I posted the Robocop Vs Kane battle from Robocop 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers